New Orleans Mission Team

New Orleans Mission Team

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Night in Memphis!

We packed, we drove, we conquered! (we set out at around 8:22) We also ate some fantastic food. For lunch, we ate at Cracker Barrel and I had fried chicken with three sides of country style veggies: mashed potatoes, French fries, and Mac n' cheese. It was very nutritious! Then we continued driving. Some of us had great conversations in the motorized vehicles while others of us, includeing myself, got some sleep. Eventually we got out of Illinois and arrived safely in Memphis. Then we met some of PJ's friends and headed on over to Beale Street. We watched the Beale street flippers do some awesome flips. We also walked around and visited a music store. For dinner we ate delicious ribs! Now we are safely back at First Pres. (of west memphis AR) We will spend the night here and continue our adventure tomorrow! ~John Gerhard Since this is my first mission trip I have yet to experience all that makes up a mission trip but as today comes to a close I have to say that it is not as bad as I thought it would be. The day started with loading up the vans and then on to the driving. The very long car ride then never seems to end ecpesially if you only got four hours of sleep the night before. I probably asked if we were out of Illinois about 20 times and then when we finally left the state I missed it. When we stopped for lunch at cracker barrel I learned how to play a new game and ate a lot. Then we set out on the road again funn........ When we reached our first destination we unpacked and then headed to beale st. To view the blues. We saw some amazing flips and heard some live music not to mention the smell and taste of fresh BBQ. Today was a great day and I can't wait to spend the rest of the week serving others to please the Lord!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ~Emilie Benoit

No comments:

Post a Comment